David Méndez Presents on Redistricting at 98th Annual CJCAT Conference
BHDA partner David Méndez recently presented (with Bob Bass) on the topic of redistricting at the 98th Annual County Judges and Commissioners Association of Texas Conference in Abilene.
Mr. Mendez’s presentation addressed issues including when county redistricting projects should be completed, what legal issues may arise, technology, and how justice precincts factor into the redistricting process.
Mr. Méndez has nearly 30 years of experience in voting rights and redistricting issues, and he regularly advises counties, cities, colleges, and school districts in these areas. He is also frequently called upon to present and write about these topics. Below is a sampling of his recent work:
- “The 2020 Census and Redistricting: What You Need to Know Now,” Texas Town & City magazine, March 2020
- “Local Government Redistricting,” Practice Notes, Thomson Reuters Legal—Practical Law Government Practice Area, February 2020
- County Redistricting Under the 2020 Census, 62nd Annual V.G. Young School for County Commissioners Courts, February 2020
- Redistricting of Texas College District Boards Based on the 2020 Census, Texas Association of Community College Attorneys, January 2020
- County Redistricting 2021, Texas Conference of Urban Counties Education & Policy Conference, January 2020
Since it was founded in 1980, the Firm has been involved with redistricting for the State of Texas as well as hundreds of Texas local government entities. In addition, our redistricting attorneys have extensive experience representing government clients regarding the federal Voting Rights Act, a critical component of the redistricting process. For more information on the Firm’s voting rights and redistricting practice and our team of redistricting attorneys and professionals, please click here.